Thursday, March 6, 2014

End of the Season, Part I

We're closing in on the end of the season. Whitney went to her last practice last night at Massanutten. There was practice tonight, well sort of, it's the end of season tubing night and there's also practice on Saturday. That one is a shorter, fun practice, then end of season cook-out/party. She's not there because we're in northern Pennsylvania, heading to New York in the morning for a competition. We may get back to Massanutten again before it closes for the season but I'm not sure. They don't have evening hours anymore but because of the snowstorm we had Monday they've extended their closing date to March 23.

We're working on what the rest of the month is going to look like, how we're going to fit in snowboarding in New Hampshire, get school done, and make it to Nationals at the end of the month. She wants to go to NH to get in more practice on a bx course before Nationals and since we have a free place to stay thanks to my sister-in-law, it's pretty easy for us to hit the road north. I have to say though, I think I'm just about ready to leave the ski slopes and sit in the golf cart with my other daughter. It's been a long winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment