Saturday, February 6, 2016

Stratton Mountain, VT - Part I

So she's finally back on the race course. It seems really weird for me to be sitting here in Virginia and she's racing in Vermont. This is the first time in four years that I've missed one of her races. I'm not sure I like being on the sidelines at home. Although I don't usually see the whole course, at least I can get a pretty good feel for it. I also enjoy being there for moral support. But it is what it is...she's growing up, off to college hundreds of miles away, and at least for this winter will be racing without me there until Nationals. Today she's got her aunt there for moral support (and picture taking).

So today it was off to Stratton Mountain, racing in the Southern Vermont Series. As usual she's the only one in her group, the only Open Class woman. That's nothing new for her. Hopefully like they've done in other races she's been to they'll combine some of the smaller groups and she'll be able to race against someone. Not sure the Open Class men want to race her though, it sounds like she'd clean their clocks. I got a message from her earlier that said during time trials she shattered the open class men's best time. I'm not sure how much faster she was than they were but she said they were shocked. Just goes to show you what a girl from Virginia can do when she puts her mind to it. The actual races are going to start shortly, then it's back again tomorrow for another day of racing. I hope it all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment