Friday, March 10, 2017

BX Race Day

It seems like it took a while but she finally made it to race day. The weather all week has been snowy, then rainy. Finally today from the pictures I saw the weather cleared and they saw blue skies and sun. It was a day to get up early and head to the mountain, get geared up, and mentally prepared to race. I find it hard to not be there for the big races. While I miss not watching her race in the "regular" USASA races it's not as bad as missing the big ones. I really wish I could have been there for her but I'm already planning on Lake Placid next year.

Because of the rain yesterday they had problems today with the live feed so I couldn't watch her race. They did say they were going to have it posted later today or tomorrow so I'll watch it then. Whitney said it was a great race and she felt really good about finishing 4th. She had the 5th best time during the time trials and felt really good about that since that is her current weak spot. In one of her heats she managed to get the hole shot and was able to block one of the other racers from passing her, which made the other girl really mad. There was also a crash in one heat.

They showed the awards live on facebook tonight so I got to see Whitney get her certificate for being 1st Team All American with her fourth place finish. She also got one later for being 2nd Team Scholar All American. As a "team" UMF women's bx finished tied for 6th. Pretty good since she was the only one.

Tomorrow is her GS race. She's looking to have fun, finish without being disqualified. It's only her second GS race so I can't wait to see how it goes but if I had to guess she'll likely finish middle of the pack, maybe higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment