Friday, March 30, 2018

NorAm/Hole Shot Race, Day 2 and USASA/NorAm Practice

So yesterday was kind of a bummer day. Whitney was faster in her first time trial than she had been on Wednesday but fell in her second one which pretty much took her out. She was super frustrated and disappointed. I spent the day in the lodge again, listening to 80s music and eavesdropping on whatever conversations I could.

It was another snowy day with the sun popping in and out. We drove over to Copper in quite the snowfall. Friends already here said it was supposed to be a dusting to maybe half an inch but it was quite a bit more than that. We got checked into our condo and it's the same one we had last year. Whitney was excited because she said the sofa bed was comfortable. Maybe I should have called dibs and let her have the privacy of the bedroom since the bed in there is too soft. Oh well.

One issue we've run into is the rental car. I'm hating having one right now. I need gas, badly, but the nozzle at the station is too big for the car and you have to use a funnel, which of course the car doesn't come with. When I called Hertz they said that the gas station should have one although I have my doubts. And it's not like there's a lot of options here for gas, only one station near Copper and I don't have enough gas to go driving around to find a different one. I may have to call them back and have them send gas since I definitely don't have enough to get to Denver. So stinking frustrating!

Today Whitney checked in at registration, met up with Chad and they went off to practice. It was another frustrating day; for some reason she wasn't able to put into action stuff she knew how to do. After a lunch break they went off again to work on timing and also I think do some fun riding. She came back hot and tired. We went to see if we could put gas in the car (which resulted in the call to Hertz to find out about the necessity of a funnel) then walked to Starbucks then to the other side of Copper for dinner.

I'm so thankful for the Massanutten team that although Whitney hasn't ridden with them in three years that they still invite us to stuff and keep us around. Of course it was pointed out tonight when they were taking the group picture that I was the one that started all this mess. True, yes, but I was just supporting my daughter. Anyway now that there's a bigger group coming out they do team meals and invite us to join them. Tonight was Brunswick stew, which was really good. It was good for Whitney to hang out with "her boys," laugh with them, relax, and chat with the other coaches that came up. One was on the team and also coached when she was still on it and the other one she competed against at USCSA Nationals. There was a quick team meeting after dinner that had to do with tomorrow's practice schedule then we were off.

No comments:

Post a Comment