Sunday, April 3, 2022

Race Day

Whitney was up and out early to catch the chair lift at 7:30 this morning. After that I was on my own, trying to stay informed on what was going on. Fortunately they put out a schedule so I knew when they were inspecting the course, doing practice, and time trials. Whitney did really well on her second run, faster than her first and she ended up seeded 5th. I met up with her and Jacob briefly when they came down to warm up his feet and so he could grab a bite then they were off again. Heats started at 12:30 and now she's done. I saw the results online and just talked to her. She was in the small final, took a chance that would either push her into 5th or leave her in 7th and she finished in 7th. She said that it was probably her best race ever and she was happy with how she finished. So the season and racing career are a wrap. I'm not sure how I feel about it, not sure how she feels about it but she leaves on a high note, on her terms.




No comments:

Post a Comment