Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Snow Day!! a couple of months ago

It was a snow day here in Virginia! Very unusual to get this kind of snow this early in the season. We had about an inch and a half of snow, some sleet, and freezing rain/rain. It was so pretty this morning when it was snowing. I went outside with one of our dogs to play in it for a while and we had a bunch of fun.

Ski resorts are starting to open up (not around us yet), race schedules are being posted, the season will soon get underway. When she's home for Thanksgiving next week Whitney can look over her options and hopefully figure out where she's racing so I can make hotel reservations, flight reservations if needed. Or at least just know her schedule. She's hasn't been on snow yet, but Sugarloaf is opening this weekend. And they're getting a good snowstorm tomorrow so the snow should be perfect. I doubt she'll get out before she comes home for Thanksgiving but I know the school team starts on snow practices Dec. 1, first races are in January.

Not sure why I didn't finish and post this in November but winter kind of disappeared on us. It was very warm in December, the first few races in the Appalachian Series were cancelled. That was a bummer, she won't be able to race at Massanutten at all this year. It's also caused her to do some rejiggering of her schedule later in the season. We did sit down last night and hopefully finalized her plans. Now I need to start making hotel reservations and book plane tickets.

We're off to Maine tomorrow, her first BX races are this weekend. She's excited to get back on the slopes, I'm excited to watch her just not sure about the weather up there, it's going to be COLD in Maine this weekend. The good thing is that I'll have a friend to hang out with this year. A friend of Whitney's is going to CVA or Gould (I forget which) for the winter and will be racing up there so I can hang with his mom.

Let the races begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment