Friday, January 11, 2019

The 2019 Season has Begun!

So after some good snows at home the Appalachian Series/Massanutten had to cancel the first races of the season. The GS/SL race that was schedules last weekend was cancelled because they didn't have enough snow to set a safe course. Kind of a bummer since with the rescheduling Whitney isn't going to be able to race at home at all this winter.

After a fun week in Florida on vacation we were at home for a week and now in Maine. I came up with her to watch her BX races this weekend. Right now, as I'm listening to the winds howl outside and my phone says it's 2* I miss the sun, sands, and warm temperatures of Florida. But back to Maine...

Today was practice day at Sugarloaf. I got to meet the new coach at UMF (yes, another new coach). Shawn seems really nice in the brief time that I got to talk to him. He's a graduate of UMF and works in the admissions office. Knows snowboarding but not really BX or USASA but I think it'll still be a good year for Whitney. She said she felt good after the practice; it's three weeks since she's been on snow. So it's up early tomorrow to head to the slopes. At least this weekend I'll have a friend to hang out with while we try not to freeze. One of the boys who was a free-skier at Massanutten is at CVA for the season and his mom is up with him.

More after the races tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment